Subject: Re: Texture Mapping
From: [email-masked] (Stephen Loughran)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 08:17 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

On Tue, 26 Jul 1994, Scott M. Reichardt wrote:

>This is something very simple which I need some help on.
>Sometimes when I map an image onto an object(A flat plane) for instance
>the image seems to be too blurry to see clearly.  What causes this?  Is
>the image to big and needs to be scaled or something?

    i would guess that the opposite is true... the image is too small 
and LW is anti-aliasing and/or pixel blending the image to prevent the
image showing the individual pixels (which are now very large) looking
like floor tiles :)
    If I'm doing a surface like a floor or a wall I try to use a 
texture map that repeats (or at least looks like it repeats) so that 
the image (and therefore the pixels) doesnt get stretched so much. If 
i'm doing a surface that needs just one brushmap i try to make the 
image as big as i can without using too much memory.

    steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            |
[email-masked]  |
Steve Loughran,             |   A4000/040@25Mhz 2Mb CHIP 16Mb FAST,
Apprentice Lightwave Freak, |   2.1Gb SCSI Drive, Video Toaster 4000,
Millennium Interactive Ltd, |   Lightwave, Imagine, Essence, Vista,
Cambridge,                  |   AdPro.. anything I've missed?
England.                    |
                            |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------